Head of Product Quality - Europe
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Head of Product Quality will lead a team of quality specialists across different disciplines – engineers, technicians, data engineers and insights leads whose focus will be to continuously assess in-market product performance alongside operational process. The individual must have the ability to effectively react to incidents from multiple sources, at times going beyond the definition of the role. Work with local teams in the implementation of market support - with continual quality review of the post-sales service model across all markets in region. Forming a strong partnership with the local leadership teams (to Regional President level) and category quality heads is essential for the success of this new senior role.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewDyson’s business in Europe is growing rapidly; consumer interest stimulated with amazing products and new technologies. We need to ensure our products stay great by continually monitoring what our customers are saying to us. Therefore Dyson is looking for a quality guardian – someone who will manage product safety, reliability and customer product satisfaction across the (European/Asia/Americas) region. This role is primarily focussed on products sold – machines already out with our customers – but with a strong link to our manufacturing and category quality teams.
Function OverviewDyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. One area which requires this focus is product service. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets (a Region), focused specifically on Customer Service environments.
Be the eyes and ears of Quality across (Europe/Asia/Americas) - to understand the full spectrum of actual/perceived quality issues of the Dyson product range
- Build and lead a quality team within each of the Region’s main markets.
- Through data understand the quality status of all products across the product lifecycle (from early launch to product retirement).
- Develop and execute the market end of strategy for the escalation of corrective actions for reliability and quality issues, including safety as a priority.
- Communicate quality measures and the corrective action agenda through all facets of local market teams alongside reporting through each category Head of Quality.
- Manage support for safety, reliability and satisfaction in alignment with research, trialling and technical service support.
- Develop the teams skill-sets to support emerging technologies i.e. connectivity and the IoT.
- As new markets emerge or market size demands assess & build new quality presence accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a process for managing safety & reliability issues raised by retail groups – including issue reporting across multiple communication channels.
Support ‘hands-on’ campaigns of research to provide robust localised insight into product quality
- Build a team who coordinate internal market trials of products across the region during product development; competitor products will be included as a benchmark.
- Build a better understanding of product usage during trial activity e.g. data logging. Ensure insight brings to life regional/cultural nuances.
Ensure that Dyson owners, products and markets are supported at all times by a compelling and effective service solution for Dyson technology
- Ensure all NPD is supported in market with a robust and effective service approach. This should include an assessment of both resource type and technical capability
- Drive the optimisation of global market service infrastructure to realise the full commercial potential of Dyson service globally.
- Be an active participant when planning growth into new markets – manage a quality/support ‘toolkit’ for a launch program
To be part of the functional quality leadership team helping to shape the quality strategy for Dyson.
- Dyson is continually changing and the quality team, categories and markets are developing. This role is a leadership role with responsibility for ALL aspects of quality within our markets. The holder of the role will be expected to be a contributor to executive discussions, category discussion and quality discussions around quality at Dyson, both current and future strategies.
- Multiple International team/location management
- Engineering, quality or operations with a consumer product context.
- Senior level (Director and Executive) communication.
- Proven customer support and/or service involvement
- First-hand experience of engineering, manufacturing or procurement problems and their resolution.
- Experience of organisational obstacles and how to work with, through or around them.
- Self-management and particularly the ability to manage multiple unbounded brief’s over a long timescale.