£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Through development and
investment in exciting technologies Dyson is expanding into new product
categories. To facilitate we are broadening our expertise, growing our Quality
teams in size and capability. We are currently recruiting a Quality Manager to take
a lead role in Quality for one of the new categories.
The Quality Manager will set up, monitor
and advise on the performance of the quality management system, work both with the project team and independently to advise of the quality (safety &
reliability) of products in the category. The role reports into the overall
Dyson quality team but is also a key part of the category.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
- Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Setting standards for quality process and toolsets
- Making sure that development, manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards, as appropriate
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- A degree in Technical/Engineering discipline.
- Experience of ISO9001 mobilisation and maintenance
- Good knowledge of design, development and system requirements.
- Sound knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Good visual communication skills, drawing, sketching etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing / verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.