Quality Assurance Contact Center Trainer
Aurora, IL, United States
Dyson is seeking a dynamic, highly organized individual to train our future Contact Center superstars! If you enjoy a fast paced, customer focused work environment and have outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
QA Contact Center Trainer’s main function is the delivery of new hire, soft
skills and continuing education training material to maximize Customer Experience Specialist (CES) effectiveness
by ensuring representatives have thorough knowledge of products, services, can
effectively use sales skills, closing skills, troubleshoot, resolve problems
and provide a positive customer experience for Dyson’s existing and future
customer base. The trainer will be responsible for delivering high impact sales
training for newly hired and existing customer experience sales specialist in
all channels including phone, online, and Dyson service centres. The Trainer
role will be charged with the facilitation and execution of on-going
development that accelerates the newly trained member's sales effectiveness. Be intentional
by creating a training
experience that is focused, progressive, innovative, high energy and aligns
with the strategic priorities of the business
They shall develop training agendas based on a specific set of instructions. Train large call center agent classes. Attend and participate in quality calibrations. Evaluate training class results, listen to agent calls, identify training gaps and drive discussions for improvement.
The QA Contact Center Trainer will report to the Senior Quality Assurance & Training Manager.
1.(Global business – number of people, countries, offices, machines sold, expansion, bigger, better)
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
2.(JD story – one man and an idea, where it all began, still leads the business today, family owned)
Not many global technology companies can say they’re still led by the founder. But we can. The same man who invented the first bagless vacuum, who persevered for 15 years to sell his idea, then took on Hoover when they stole it. And the same man who, as our Chief Engineer, has personally overseen every Dyson invention since.
James Dyson still defines the spirit of Dyson today. His entrepreneurial edge and tenacity guide our fighting spirit. Still family owned, we’re fiercely independent. Who we are and what we invent is down to us, and us alone. And we remain committed to keeping it this way.
3.(Multiple categories – from vacuums to global technology business, the new product categories we’ve entered, our own motor, four categories to come by 2020)
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
4. (Problem solvers – our approach to engineering, we see problems and engineer better solutions, transplanting technologies for new purposes)
Why put up with vacuum bags that diminish suction? Why labour drying hands with slow, energy-hungry machines? Why should fans use blades or lightbulbs fail so fast? There’s always a better way. And at Dyson, our mission is to find it. Solving old problems with new thinking, to invent machines that work better.
But innovation isn’t easy. Our engineers experiment relentlessly, persevere through failure, and search for answers in unlikely places. And, to put the technology they invent into our owners’ hands, Dyson commercial people do exactly the same. Defying convention. From source, to shop.
Dyson moved US customer care operations from Chicago to a dedicated $1.5 million contact centre in nearby Aurora during 2012. The 14,000 sq. ft building provides an acoustically engineered open-plan environment, including space for our 250 Dyson experts to disassemble machines while on support calls.
- Executes a comprehensive training program for staff by updating and delivering instructor led programs by assessing, evaluating / designing potential solutions.
- Skilled at classroom facilitation and managing effective discussion and dialogue to enhance the learning experience in a diverse classroom environment.
- Prepares and distributes training materials including participant and facilitator guides, handouts, evaluation forms, assessments and visual aids; updates and delivers presentations; sets up training room.
- Analyzes and improves training effectiveness through test scores, production metrics, and additional mentoring needed during training as well as post-training follow up, especially with new hires in the first week of production.
- Utilizes analysis from quality assurance call monitoring to enhance training materials and requirements.
- Maintains tracking system to ensure accurate employee training records, track training needs, and collect evaluation and assessment results. Ensures the completion of all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Remains current and updates job knowledge in training and instructional design methodologies including advances in technology by participating in educational and professional opportunities, forums, and meetings to ensure educational methodology is current and relevant.
- Documents and maintains detailed policies and procedures for training department processes.
- Analyzes, addresses and resolves performance and disciplinary and performance issues during training.
- Communicate training, cross-training and continuing education requirements to affected staff.
- Schedules and prepares the physical setup for training; cleaning of the room, verifying equipment works, and setting up of the workstations.
- Assists in agent coaching and development when outside of initial customer experience sales training.
- Strong performance in call quality and other measured departmental statistics
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and one year of training / teaching experience or equivalent of both education and experience.
2. Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication, active listening, motivational and facilitation skills.
3. Proven experience with creating presentations.
4. Demonstrates proficient performance management and effective coaching techniques.
5. Proven flexibility to manage last minute training requests or changes.
6. Developed problem solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details.
7. Strong performance in call center quality and other measured departmental statistics.
8. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Classroom training skills with excellent written and presentation skills strongly preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Must be able to multi-task and have a sense of urgency
- Training experience in a contact center and certification in Learning and Development
- Reliable, dependable, and a team player
- Must be able to work flexible hours
Call Center Trainer Skills and Specifications
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Writing Skills
- Excellent Management And Administration Skills
- Good Motivational Skills
- Excellent Problem Solving And Troubleshooting Skills
- Ability To Evaluate And Make Decisions Regarding Efficiency Of Employees
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A Knowledge About Human Psychology
- Ability To Understand Concerns Of Employee
- Other duties as assigned
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities