- To perform outgoing inspection check on digital motors.
- To perform in-process sampling check as stipulated in control plan.
- To compile all in-process and outgoing inspection report on a regular basis.
- To assist on any other quality related issues as assigned by the QA engineer.
- Provide minor machine troubleshooting on measuring/testing equipments.
- To perform ad hoc activities such as supporting qualifications, evaluations, 5S activities, lean and other company driven programs.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Dyson Singapore was established in 2004 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, a £100m investment in our new West Park facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. And with about 800 people –15% of Dyson’s global workforce – it’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
Function OverviewIt’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Ensure all in-process and outgoing inspections are performed in the required period of time.
- Compilation of in-process and outgoing reports.
- Trigger superiors in event non-conformities are found.
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ levels.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Quality role in a manufacturing industry.
- Able to understand and apply basic quality tool and techniques used for QA activities.
- Practical experience in measurement tools and equipments such as vernier calipers, micrometers, profile projector, Runout tester, Smartscope, and CMM.
- Preferably an intermediate proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to work overtime if needed.
- Able to communicate and write in English