R&D Prototyping Technician
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
DMSB Workshop, where this Workshop team are built and supported by Prototyping Engineers, Engineering Model Makers and Technicians. Major activities are producing prototypes with latest rapid prototyping technology – SLS (Selective Laser Sintering), SLA (Stereo lithography) and FDM (Fused Deposition Machine), advanced CNC machining, 3D Printing, vacuum casting and also, metrology measurement technology to ensure prototypes are within required specification. Hand skills and other hand work techniques are required in Workshop to assemble, modify and machining the prototypes.
This is an In-Laboratory position, and this role is to support the daily prototyping operation – to make prototypes by utilizing the available facilities and also producing handmade prototypes to deliver to RDD team. This is an engineering technical support role which will involve: Handmade prototyping, operating hi-tech RP equipment and support prototypes rig assembly trouble shooting, execute the build plan and carry out the Kaizen implementation and development.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- You are fully responsible to utilize the prototyping facilities to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
To support and carry out In-House rapid prototyping activities – SLS, 3D printing, laser cutting and machining operation.
Support in producing handmade prototypes or machining prototypes.
To operates variety of machines (Conventional milling/lathe machines) to fabricate prototypes, patterns, parts, and also models for mechanical parts, devices, or equipment, like jigs & fixtures, part cutaway, mock-up model, according to engineering drawing specifications.
- You are responsible for the daily maintenance check list and ensure all equipment in the Lab is in good working condition.
- Working within the Prototyping Team and proactively offering practical ideas and solutions.
- You need to ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- You need to support and carry out inventory control at your area.
- You are responsible ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- You are responsible arrange delivery, receive, pack, unpack and check all prototype rigs and samples.
- Work with minimum supervision, provide daily job progress and report status to line manager.
- Carry out the machines/equipment preventive maintenance schedule / plan.
- Carry out the schedule waste procedures.
- You are responsible for safety & health matters and safe operation of equipment workshop, housekeeping & 5S.
- You are responsible to perform supplementary tasks as required by the Department Team Leader.
Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher certificates in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
Minimum 2 – 4 years working experience in production/manufacturing industries.
Basic Knowledge and experience in CADCAM, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
Basic understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
Computer literate with good understanding in Microsoft Office.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Good at communicating at all levels and must be able to interface effectively with other personnel.
Must perform work safely, in compliance with HS&E requirements, and take actions to ensure a safe working environment.
Fresh Graduate is encouraged to apply and On-Job-Training will be provided.