Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Few people understand Dyson technology as intimately as our Technical Support team. Whether fixing old machines, building prototypes for new machines, or ensuring customers receive the right spare parts, passion is key. So when our service workshop refurbishes machines, it’s to such high a quality that we can resell them with new guarantees. And when we build prototypes – 15,000 last year alone – they’re so well finished that our engineers can test components and stress points in real life scenarios. Because like all Dyson engineers, we push the boundaries of performance and quality.
- You are fully responsible to carry out the Vacuum Casting operation, thorough understanding of the:-
- Polyurethane casting process and the equipment to use.
- Principles of Silicone Mold design and fabrication.
- You are responsible to produce the casting parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
- Working closely with Engineers to help to produce vacuum cast prototype parts, proactively offering practical ideas and solutions.
- You need to ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- You are responsible for the daily maintenance check list and ensure all equipment in the Lab is in good working condition.
- You need to support and carry out inventory control at your area.
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher certificates in Mechanical Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of working experiences in Filter Manufacturing industry or any other manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of Polyurethane material, mix ratios and pigments
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.