£40,000 - £50,000 + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment and to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business we are looking for a Property Manager to work within this relatively new team.
Market OverviewThe building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewDyson’s Property team looks after the nuts and bolts of Dyson – our places, spaces, inside and out. They’re a practical and a creative bunch, responsible for making sure that everyone works in a comfortable, creative, safe and productive environment. With 6,000 people (and counting) that’s a challenging task. Our daily environment can make all the difference, that’s why the team works closely with every department, and everyone from Directors to graduates, to make Dyson a great place to work. And there are plenty of exciting projects planned in that department.
Responsible for liaising with all Dyson’s UK sites regarding the complete cross section of property matters from landlord liaison, statutory compliance, maintenance tasks through to project management of small/medium improvement projects. This will span a variety of property types and locations. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders (front of house, catering, major projects and building services); this role encompasses stakeholder engagement and the establishment of, and performance against, Key Performance Indicators.
- Qualifications; approaching MRICS qualification/just qualified in building surveying or similar. Alternatively strong experience in a similar position within a major organisation.
- Broad experience; knowledge of a wide range of property matters
- Experience of occupational and construction related health & safety desirable.
- Leadership; prioritisation under pressure, team and supplier management
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise of all building and estate issues and their dependencies in order to gain stakeholder confidence
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software
- AutoCAD proficiency and experience