Project Manager - Connected Technologies
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
There was a time in our history when all people knew Dyson for was vacuums. But what began with one man and one idea inside a coach house in Wiltshire, has since transformed into an 8,000-strong global technology company spanning multiple product categories and more than 70 countries around the world.
But the transformation of Dyson is far from over. Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge – four by 2020 alone. Dyson’s place in the connected world sits at the heart of our strategy – our future is increasingly centered around intelligent machines. We have made our first steps into this world with Dyson 360 eye™ robot and Dyson Pure™ Cool Link™. As our ambitions increase we will advance ever further into the worlds of connectivity, sensor technology, machine learning and AI, as well as deepen our work on motors, batteries and hardware. It’s vital that we have the best spaces and brightest minds all around the globe.
- Manage and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards.
- Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Work with development teams to ensure new technologies maximize the performance of new products.
- Degree educated (design, software engineering or IT preferable) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in mobile app development and cloud infrastructure.
- Formal project management qualifications and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.