Programme Manager – New Category
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Reporting to the Global Programme Management Team the role will require broad knowledge and ownership of the delivery plan along with facilities, cost/budget and resource responsibilities. They will ensure the project delivers across the full spectrum of delivery streams in the category and manage and mitigate risks accordingly. As a senior role the individual will be expected to take ownership of programme delivery with minimal guidance and ensure appropriate project process are developed to enable the project to be managed effectively.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
Function OverviewThe project manager will work across all disciplines of design, research, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and marketing to ensure an integrated project delivery aligns to the wider business strategy. As the role is at the innovative end of product development the project manager will be required to deliver against a loose and changeable brief. Skills in managing a dynamic and fast paced environment will be critical to the role.
- Manage project delivery between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solution
- Develop and manage appropriate project processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards.
- Manage and develop small functional team and ensure right PM capability is in place to ensure project delivery. Develop Information management infrastructure to ensure effective project governance.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Work across the organisation to ensure all stakeholders are aligned to the programmes objectives and clearly communicate this to the Dyson senior management and board.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree (design, engineering and manufacturing preferable) or equivalent.
- Holds formal project management qualifications (PMP / PRINCE2) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)Good people manager, achieving high level of performance and employee engagement.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influences
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, very generous leave, income protection, and private medical and dental care (level dependent). But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.