Product Risk Manager
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Free Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Product Quality and Risk Manager at Dyson will work alongside RDD and Manufacturing Operations throughout the development lifecycle of our future products in order to ensure the product is fit for purpose, consistent and meets both external and internal requirements.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewDyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
As the Product Risk Manager, you will proactively manage all product risks for safety and efficacy. The product(s) will be subject to development under a new Quality Management System (QMS). Your role will enable you to work in an innovative, product driven environment and will offer you the opportunity to set-up risk management processes and tools ahead of full utilisation.
Your day to day role will include:
- Setting up and delivering new Risk Management processes in accordance with industry standards
- Be the guardian of Risk Management, influencing and directing teams across RDD and Operations
- Develop, agree and establish a risk recording, evaluation and reaction process
- Ensure all risks are appropriately recorded, evaluated by a suitably qualified audience and mitigated or accepted in a traceable manner.
- Support all the teams in addressing any non-compliance with the risk process
- Engage with the senior management team to ensure individual risks and the overall risk level of the product are clearly understood and agreed.
- Identify opportunities for improving the risk management aspects of the QMS to streamline its application
- Produce regular reports, including those to support the Milestone process, to the internal team/Department and to external departments where necessary
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area
- Strong background in the implementation of quality management systems
- Direct experience of implementing and executing risk management processes within a product focused environment
- Direct experience of operating as a Product Quality manager within a product focused environment
- Experience of operations, engineering or project management, providing a fundamental understanding of day to day business operational and manufacturing risk
- The ability to balance the day to day challenges of multiple projects, progress reporting, working across time zones and cross-functional teams