Product Quality Manager
DescriptionThe Product Quality Manager’s role is fundamental to the way the Quality team operates. Reporting to the Category Head of Quality this role is responsible for supporting delivery of safe, reliable products, which meet internal and legislative requirements as well as exceed customer expectations.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Function OverviewDyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
The Product Quality Manager is responsible for the following areas:
- Project managing Category Quality deliverables, including resolution of quality issues, and reporting on status.
- Ownership or a key contributor to Quality Assurance, Safety / Risk, Trials, Reliability, Verification and Validation following transfer to SEA.
- Maintaining a Product Quality Plan for each product.
- Defining quality Milestone inputs and representing Quality at milestone meetings.
- Ensuring robust transfer into production.
In addition to project related activities, the Product Quality Manager is expected to allocate time to continuous improvement projects whilst also evolving team processes.
- Degree in Engineering or Quality.
- Significant experience in a design and / or quality role, preferably within a regulated industry.
- Formal quality training / certification - six sigma, ISO standards etc.
- Excellent Quality knowledge – PFMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma among others.
- Knowledge and experience with quality standards (e.g. ISO9001, TS16949, ISO13485).
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and other business functions.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to technology development with a business focus.
- Strong background in product development / introduction, preferably from a regulated industry.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.