Product Insights Analyst
DescriptionThe primary objective of the product insight function within GQ&R is to illustrate and predict, through detailed research and analysis, what customer’s perceptions of our products are and will be. The PIA will utilise multiple sources of information to make recommendations to the Product Quality Manager regarding areas of focus both for existing products and those in development.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Singapore's Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
TRIALS - Design and manage a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the user perception of products in development & in the market. Define core trial requirements with cross functional teams - engineering, reliability, insights. Agree appropriate level of trialling to be conducted across relevant people (e.g. beauty junkies) & territories. Gather, analyse & report trial survey results through the Category team - include summary recommendations.
INDIRECT CONSUMER INSIGHT - Utilise multiple data sources to provide information/insight to the category GQM on perception of Dyson & Competitor products. Included (but not exclusive) are Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, YouTube etc. Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, data sources etc. Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the Category teams.
DIRECT CONSUMER INSIGHT - Utilise existing Dyson customers to extract detailed insight into the use & perception of our products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Achieve this through survey tools & direct interview (on the phone or face/face). Manage work packages using project management techniques to ensure timely delivery of each project. Using the appropriate (& pre-agreed) tools generate series of questions to tease out the required insight from consumers e.g. surveys.
CTC REQUIREMENTS - Provide recommendations during the early development of consumer requirements through detailed analysis of consumer/product insight. Measure and review product adherence to these requirements.
• Excellent organisation and project management skills and the ability to work flexibly
• Able to foresee or understand user behaviour and perception
• Inquisitive and able to spot links and trends in data steams
• Knowledge of question and survey writing and quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Strong communication skills and the ability to influence discussions and outcomes
• Excellent presentational skills and the confidence to present to senior managers
• Commercially aware and understand the business implications of analysis and recommendations
• Background in personal care or similar
• Numeric and statistical analysis skills
• Educated to degree level in an appropriate technical discipline
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, with practical examples, each of the skills /competencies and behaviours outlined above.