Product Engineer Advance (Design)
Senai, Johor, Malaysia
- To work closely with Design Manager, Project Manager and Operation Project manager, the Product Engineer will manage the deliverables to put new Stock Keeping Units (SKU) for production, taking responsibility for the product specification, Validation and Engineering BOM creation through to production.
- To manage the Engineering build throughout the project development process till SOP. Required to work with Contract Manufacture to make the build happen according to the time plan
- To manage multiple SKUs, each may be at different stage of development and have different SOP target, hence will require him/ her to have excellent attention to detail to keep track of each SKU status as a project.
- To manage and track progress of assembly and support team to get the deliverables closed each iteration. To must have close relationship with the assembly and support team.
- To be a good communicator to discuss project challenge and update project status with his/ her project team and Team Leader.
- To learn to use inhouse system for all types of approval
- Required to liaise with Current Support team for project transfer.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be
RDD is the heart of Dyson. It’s where we invent technology that solves problems. Our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, fail again. To be different takes courage as well as creativity. Based at our Malmesbury HQ, you’ll be part of a 1,700-strong global team of engineers and scientists. From day one you’ll be working on top secret projects using cutting edge machinery. Whichever area you join we’ll support your development, helping you understand Dyson and grow into the role. The rest is up to you. You can help shape the next generation of Dyson technology.
- Manage new SKU BOM – Manage new BOM start from release for development till approve for production. To ensure all product structure are according to latest design revision for all iteration.
- Manage in house prototype build. Consolidate information from Design engineers and other support team to manage prototype build. Work closely with in house Workshop to deliver the rigs.
- Consolidate all sample requests for EB runs and manage the build. To ensure latest information from engineering team pass to Contract Manufacture (CM). Attend weekly meeting with CM.
- Manage SKU deliverables – BOM and Top Level SKU drawings, Rating plates, validation discussion, Machine allocation, Change Request actions, ISIR, golden machine sign-off, Deviation Request review etc.
- Coordinate and liaise with CM, assembly teams and other supporting departments for engineering build and Top Level BOM deliverables.
- Managing key activity as -Engineering Change Request, Test Request for engineering Build, Specification & Requirement, Prototype build Request, part approval report and KPI report.
- Degree in Product Design/Mechanical or other related engineering
- Great team player, Great organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritises tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Great communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate project information to project teams, managers and directors as required.
- Great project management skill, To need to work with Marketing, Planning, Approval, Commercial and Production to develop new NPI/ SKU to hit targeted time plan.
- Knowledge in engineering BOM and manage to create new engineering BOM base on marketing requirement.
- Confident personality - communicate with higher level of people across the department.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter, Unigraphic NX, Excel, Word and Power point