Associate Product Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson RDD develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. Our Product development team embody our machines and design for manufacture. We break down a complex engineering problem into digestible chunks: clarifying our products requirements, testing their functions, robustness, behaviour and structural architecture. The breadth of knowledge of our engineers, and their depth of knowledge of our technologies, allows them to question the solutions from any team, finding and resolving risks before they become issues.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Develop and manage Product Specifications, determine Validation Requirements and execute Test Requests for each Engineering Build stage
- Monitor weekly issued SKU tracker to manage SKU timeplan under product engineer deliverables
- Concentrate on product specification KPI performance, measure and analyse the performance result at regular basis
- Create and manage part numbers for new SKUs and/or Demo & Display units
- Manage New Product Development / Production BOM throughout Project Development Phase and SKU drawing
- Responsible for Engineering Build machines allocations, drive engineering build status and track machines distributed for various departments
- Coordinate with validation team on tracking of validation tests progress, gather and analyse test performance information for systematic reporting
- Conduct SKU Finished Goods Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR) or Deviation Request (DR) for PP and SOP machines
- Auxiliary Engineering support (unique SKU builds, Service Assembly, Graded SKU)
- A working knowledge and understanding of fundamental physical theories and general engineering principles.
- Experienced in all aspects of the design process from concept to production.
- Fast learner, familiar with product specification, have an understanding of test procedures and equipment.
- Good project management skill, he/she need to work with multiple stakeholders (Marketing and Planning, Approval, Commercial and Production team) to develop new NPI/ SKU to hit targeted time plan.
- Familiar with engineering BOM, able to create, manage, develop new engineering BOM base on marketing requirement.
- Good experience in managing GA, creating and maintaining engineering drawings using 3D CAD (Uni-graphics).
- A comprehensive understanding of design change management, including the change notice process, and an appreciation of the impact of design changes.
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical design environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, keen to learn.
- Flexible in approach.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to motive a team.