Procurement, Summer Internship
DescriptionJoin us as an Intern and you’ll be immersed into the inner workings of a global procurement team, looking after critical high end technologies and working on cross-category projects. Make the most of the opportunity and we’ll look to make a Graduate offer of employment for when you complete your degree.
Market OverviewIn 2000, Dyson moved production from the UK to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR. The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Function OverviewFrom sourcing high quality materials and finished components with demanding specifications, to managing contracts and suppliers, our procurement team impact the design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business.
You’ll be part of a growing global team that looks after critical high end technologies, working cross-category on projects from start to finish. You’ll be trusted to use your initiative to drive ideas whilst developing an understanding of Dyson and how our global procurement team operates. Aspects of procurement work you can expect to have exposure to include;
• Finding and researching new suppliers for brand new technologies to support New Product Development and Production
• Ensuring competitive supplier costs and pricing through quoting, cost analysis and negotiation, contributing to the Global Procurement team’s cost savings target
• Contributing to new project sourcing plans with Procurement Project and Category Managers
• Developing and managing Category sourcing strategies
• Be a part of transforming products by showcasing technology and seeking new technology for engineers
• Managing a category of suppliers and shape it to support the Dyson Procurement business strategy Do all this and in return you could be offered the opportunity to return to us as graduate after your studies.