Procurement Strategy Manager
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
DescriptionAs procurement in Dyson is growing rapidly in size and in complexity, with a rising number of transactions and touch points, we are going through a transformation toward increased control and streamlined processes. The responsibility of the Procurement Centre of Excellence is increasing with business process ownership, and more experienced resources are needed to successfully take that effort on.
Function OverviewProcurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision making. Ultimately it affects the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business. In the balance between quality and price, quality must always win. So our global team needs to be rigorous in selection. Meticulous in determining standards, researching suppliers, analysing value and negotiating contracts. Challenging and diverse, their work creates a dynamic, driven team. Where the ‘next big thing’ relies on their ability to deliver agile, lean solutions as much as the inventiveness of Dyson engineers’ themselves.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement (Strategy and Transformation), this strategic position covers two areas -
- Leading strategic projects as part of the overall procurement PMO.
- Providing support, governance and structure around key projects/deliverables.
- Serve as a key contributor as Dyson's global procurement function transforms.
- Support, advise and drive commodity/sourcing strategies together with commodity managers.
- Serve as a business process owner for this area and will be accountable for the creation of world class procurement strategies.
To fulfill this role, we require the following -
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain preferably with CIPS/MCIPS certification.
- 5 - 8 years experience from working in an international, strategic procurement function or in a management consulting capacity.
- Background within a strategic electronics procurement function is highly beneficial.
- Competent in stakeholder management (including at Senior Management), change management, project management and reporting.
- Super user of Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Powerpoint).
- Adaptable in a dynamic work environment.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.