Procurement Manager - Calambam Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Dyson Philippines was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- To coordinate sourcing projects to ensure completion to meet project/business needs.
- To support the supplier selection & negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional team and ensuring best value from the supplier-base.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with Stakeholders within Dyson Singapore and Malaysia and also with outside parties to project the good image of Dyson.
- To follow up contract award, that appropriate supplier relationship and performance management structures and mechanisms are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence & performance.
- To manage bid process from concept to supplier selection in line with purchasing process.
- Maintaining the purchasing database and documentation as predetermined practices.
- Preparing purchasing statistics and reports as required
- To support the continuous improvement ethic of the procurement team globally.
- To assist in strategic procurement activities across multiple categories.
SkillsEducation and Qualification Required
- Minimum 4 to 6 years’ experience in Procurement and minimum 2 to 3 years managerial skill.
- Preferable at least a basic degree in Business related fields and or any Engineering discipline.
- Experience and knowledge in Plastics Tooling and Moulding will be an added advantage.
Job Characterization & Competencies
- He/ She must possess high level of integrity and a good team player. He/She must be able to communicate with all level of people.
- Possess leadership and administrative capability.
- Good adaptability and able to manage work load effectively.
- Well organized, systematic approach, ability to manage & resolve complex problem. Good analytical skill and diplomatic behaviour.
- Exposure to cross-functional working and leading cross-functional teams
- Understands and operates Supplier Relationship& Performance Management
- Willingness to learn together with and honest & trustworthy personality
- To comfortable working in a fast pasted organisation with the ability to adapt the changes required and to support the growth of Organization.