Procurement Executive - Calambam Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for an experienced Procurement Executive to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Dyson Philippines was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Supporting procurement manager activities for various commodities – electronics components and assemblies, precision metal, raw materials such as copper, paint, resin, adhesives, plastic injection components
- Facilitating cross functional communications and cross category procurement managers in the region. This will predominantly be around detailed specification and global supplier selection – either as partners or as manufacturers of parts and components
- Integrate with a fast moving global procurement team
- Participate in negotiations led by procurement managers
- Risk aware, supporting tracking of risk mitigating actions
- Interface with global procurement teams to identify and manage a local approved vendor list
- Analytical reporting on procurement metrics as determined by the business
- You will be working closely with the Project and Engineering teams to deliver projects on time and on cost.
- Degree level qualification or above
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a procurement environment direct material sourcing
- Track record of successful involvement in complex, global programs
- Awareness of legal regulation and contract setting
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish
- Self motivated, accurate and operate with the highest ethical standards. Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Dyson
- Demonstrate understanding of engineering specs for component sourcing and engineering discussions
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team player
- CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
- Mandarin. Additional other Chinese dialects would be an advantage
- Engineering experience: Automotive / Aerospace / Defence / FMCG background
- Experience of lean manufacturing