Procurement Assistant - NPD
£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday, Free Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Working within RDD Procurement and part of the Global Operations team, we’re looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual to support the UK Procurement team in a range of Procurement Project and Commodity Management activities to support New Product Development (NPD) in the UK
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewNeodymium magnets. Aerospace-grade carbon fibre. PEEK high strength plastic. Just a few of the materials procured to build just one of our machines – the Dyson digital motor V2. But when you design unconventional machines, you need unconventional materials. The Procurement department works directly with RDD on Dyson’s most secret projects. Sourcing high quality materials, and finished components with demanding specifications, means tracking down niche suppliers. It requires tenacity, speed and efficiency to meet project milestones. In essence, we need to be as inventive as Dyson engineers.
• Support the Procurement Project Managers and Commodity Managers in commercial activities such as requests for quotations, cost analysis, should cost analysis and identification of cost opportunities and risks.
• Support the new supplier set up process, setting up suppliers on UK/SEA SAP, PLM and the Approved Vendor list in line with project timelines and milestone requirements
• Generating requests for external transmission of engineering drawings and specifications to our suppliers with RDD Registry.
• Support the Supplier Selection process for NPD, gathering and recording data for stakeholder approval
• Working with Project and Commodity Managers to manage and maintain the Approved Vendor List.
• Data analytics, including supplier spend and capacity analysis.
• Arrange Supplier Quarterly Business reviews for Procurement Heads and Commodity Managers
• Arrange technology days with our Commodity teams and Technology Suppliers
• Support requirements for other on and offsite meetings, confirming attendee availability, meeting room bookings, accommodation, ground transport, registering visitors.
• Manage UK Procurement team training, coordinating with training teams, externally and with our SEA (South East Asia) counterparts
• Raising ad hoc Purchase orders (for the Procurement team) on SAP
• Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvements activity and process improvements.
• Other adhoc activities as and when required.
• The willingness to learn and adapt to support the UK Procurement team in a broad range of Procurement activities.
• An awareness of or experience of Procurement activities and processes e.g. RFQ’s, cost analysis and supplier selection.
• Experience of working in a Project environment or involvement in Projects, preferably New Product Development desirable.
• Good commercial acumen and experience of a Manufacturing and/or Engineering environment desirable.
• Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
• Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
• The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
• Accountability, integrity and confidence, with ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.