£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
These roles sit within the Vehicle Integration Team of our automotive function.
Function OverviewWe’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Lead Package layout and Architecture development in support of Vehicle Level Design.
- Lead all or part of a vehicle package to resolve specific issues as they arise.
- Propose solutions to package issues in the interest of the product as a whole.
- Run regular Package reviews with relevant groups to record issues, assign tasks and ensure progress on priority items.
- Ensure compliance to market regulatory and type approval requirements.
- For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a design direction
- Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required.
- Ensure alignment of the package layout to vehicle and system targets and to the PALS attribute plan.
- Ensure timely development of package solutions to support the overall programme timing.
- Lead, guide and mentor other members of the integration team as necessary.
- Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Demonstrable experience in vehicle packaging or similar role.
- A core expertise in at least one area of vehicle engineering
- Hands on experience of running design activities in NX, CATIA or equivalent design system.
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers, designers and analysts.
- Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
- Sound knowledge of FMEA, DFM, DFA, PLM, BOMs, releasing, GD&T and APQP.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
Strong team work and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.Self-starter with the ability to work independently takes on new challenges readily, possess hands on approach and work with a can-do attitude.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.