PR & Communications Executive
$ Competitive Base Salary + Superannuation + Bonus
DescriptionThe PR & Communications Executive is a natural storyteller who can show how Dyson technology is developed, what makes it better, and why it works differently – conveying Dyson’s bold ambitions and engineering philosophy in the process.
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines which keep their hair healthy and their homes clean.
With Dyson’s drive behind quality engineering, design, technology and innovation, Dyson not only makes existing products work better, but also invents entire new categories. Consequently, as a company, Dyson is a strong market leader: In 2016, Dyson was ranked Australia #2 consumer electronics brand, according to YouGov BrandIndex Advocacy Rankings while Dyson is the #1 most trusted brand in both Australia and New Zealand according to 2016 Reader’s Digest Australia Trusted Brands Survey.
This year promises to be an even more exciting year as Dyson continues to develop core technologies to improve its products and solve the problems that others ignore. We’re globally minded and curious about exploring the new. We don’t see boundaries or geographies, just new ways for people to experience Dyson and we’re building a communications team to do this..
Function OverviewDyson engineers make high performing technology, and the communications team creates storytelling opportunities with compelling content that makes news and engaging conversations.
The PR & Communications Executive is a natural storyteller who can show how Dyson technology is developed, what makes it better, and why it works differently – conveying Dyson’s bold ambitions and engineering philosophy in the process. Reporting into the PR Manager, your role as PR & Communications Executive is to coordinate internal and external communications in Australia and New Zealand. With the support of a PR agency and the PR Manager, you will own core category components of Dyson’s PR and Communications program helping create and implement communication strategies and relationships that communicate and support Dyson’s core technology, people and philosophy.
The PR & Communications Executive will be responsible for:
- Growing James Dyson Foundation activities in Australia and driving entries across ANZ for the James Dyson Award, an international design competition that celebrates, encourages and inspires the next generation of design engineers, a core part of Dyson DNA
- Coordinating Dyson charity partnership/donation opportunities and build relationships with existing and new partners
- Internal communications, producing first class content in the form of press releases, interviews, social media posts etc. and managing the PR calendar and PR budget to cover product launches, campaigns, social media and events
- Coordinating monthly “Café Briefings” (monthly staff meetings) for the entire AU business facilitating content development and overseeing logistical aspects to ensure smooth execution at all stages
- External communications, building strong, lasting relationships with ANZ journalists and influencers, with a roster of contacts across traditional and digital media
- Event management, including planning, executing and evaluating internal and external PR-related events for media, bloggers, influencers and industry professionals
This is a Sydney based role but some occasional travel interstate and overseas will be required.
You are a confident, proactive PR & Communications Executive with a true passion for technology. You are known for your initiative, problem solving and resilience. Your first class communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as your natural instinct and ability to spot a story or PR opportunity are what set you apart.
To be successful you will also require:
- A university degree in PR, Communications or related field
- Demonstrated PR experience in agency or in-house
- Knowledge of consumer branding, journalist relationships, corporate affairs, events management, sponsorship, traditional and new media
- A strong interest in current affairs and the media