Owner Experience Business Analysis Manager
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Owner Experience (Front Office) Business Analysis Manager is a senior leader in the Group IT Delivery business analysis team. The Business Analyst team is structured in three process areas (1) Owner Experience (2) Operations and; (3) HR and collaboration. Reporting to the Head of Business Analysis and supporting all Dyson markets globally, they lead a team of Marketing, CRM, B2B and Retail Business Analysts across multiple project teams defining process and assuring the design of smart technology solutions to support them. This role is expected to coach, nurture and manage this team to deliver world class execution as well as playing a leading role in Stakeholder management where required.
Market OverviewTucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 4,000 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the Digital team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
Function OverviewSpanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support and the front and back office technology that makes Dyson work, it is the nerve centre of Dyson. The team spans many specialities from Technical to Business Analysis and Testing. Crucially, as we look to drive future growth by increasing direct sales, dyson.com becomes our most vital global sales channel. Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability.
Accountabilities•Excellence and consistency in requirements gathering e.g. well-structured user stories, robust process mapping, engaging presentations etc.
• Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives
• Manages and continuously evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action
• Oversees adoption of Head of Business Analysis directives and initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management.
• Identifies process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the business analysis function.
• Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
• Work with PMO Manager and Head of Programme Management to ensure BA resources are appropriately assigned to governance approved projects.
• Ensures a tight control of workload of Business analysts in the Front Office team to ensure they meet time commitments of projects, Change requests for releases and Business analysis training and execution improvement initiatives.
• Provides actuals and forecast for resource utilisation to support ongoing governance process (demand / supply pipeline).
• Support BAs in stakeholder discussions and issue resolution where required.
• Bring experience and expertise to help theirs BAs and stakeholders in difficult decisions and prioritisation.
• Provide external perspective and reflection in retrospective and lessons learned sessions.
Skills• Extensive experience business analysis in Marketing, Retail, CRM or similar process areas including experience leadership, ideally gained in consumer goods organisation.
• Demonstrates a proven track record in leading, coaching and mentoring a team of business analysts.
• Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy
• Able to produce creative solutions from basic concepts
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies is highly desired
• Ability to anticipate change and adapt quickly
• An agent of change
• Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge
• Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach
• Is able to consult & advise the client as well as ‘doing’
• Have a clearly methodical approach
• Exceptional aptitude for problem solving, and follow through
• Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation
• Natural leader
• Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
• Open, honest and responsible
• Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high pressured commercial arrangements
• Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
• Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure!