Operations Project Manager
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe are currently recruiting an Operations Project manager to oversee the New Product Innovation for Operation in manufacturing to work alongside our Manufacturing team in RDD technology groups to ensure that we deliver what is required on time and cost. You have opportunity to grow your Project management skills whilst working in an engineering environment developing yourself, as well as being responsible and accountable for your own work and deliverables as well as the projects.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,500 Dyson engineers in the UK and 3,000 worldwide turning ideas into ground-breaking technology. The successful Candidate will be involved in early design concept, managing the project plans and making sure we are delivering to milestones, as well as supporting resourcing requirements and highlighting risks. This role is a great opportunity to work across all categories in operations.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented and passionate individuals who wish to be involved with a company that invents, designs and develops exceptional products for the global market. By working with ground breaking technologies in our world class Research Design and Development department, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team of inspiring technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, who create products which fulfil our ambition of being outstanding at solving everyday problems and better than our competitors! The manufacturing process starts in the UK alongside our RDD teams and when ready the project is transferred to our Operations teams based in South East Asia.
Project and People management skills and experience:
- Manage a milestone process for manufacturing making sure we meet our deliverables and report on progress.
- Ability to work as Independent working, self-starter, with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to project manage o Ability to influence decision makers (both technical and non-technical) in a challenging environment
General skills and requirements:
- Experience of running multiple projects and reporting on these
- Proven ability in problem solving and defining where possible new process and ways of working including tools and techniques.
- Ability to work with ambiguity in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively at all levels within the business
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to drive progress and actions
- Flexibility to work for short periods in South East Asia
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Project and People management skills and experience:
- Held a position of responsibility (project / people / financial)
- Ability to evaluate, understand and manage risk (technical, safety, commercial) associated with a project
- Project management qualification or demonstration of project management in the work place
- General skills and experience:
- Experience in an operations environment but not necessary for the right candidate
- Experience in milestone and design or manufacturing process but not necessary for the right candidate
- Ability to problem solving and looking at ideas from a number of angles to the draw an informed conclusion even if it isn’t their personal favourite
- ISO9001, ISO13485 is desirable but not necessary for the right candidate.
- Proven product design and development
- Commercial exposure, especially supplier management
- Hands-on engineering experience and hobbies but not necessary for the right candidate