Operations Project Manager
The role of the Operations Project Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects. These individual projects will:
Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson.
Improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start tooling phase of development through the mass production.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Working closely with Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new prime contractor/sub-contractor
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR program
- Waste reduction
- Engineering Change Management
- Process improvements
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Cost Management
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed / tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Sciences (Chemistry/Biomedical) or equivalent
- At least 10 years manufacturing experience ideally in medical devices/pharmaceutical manufacturing, managing NPI or transfer projects.
- Supplier Management skills (ensure adequate supplier base to give flexibility, capacity and competitive supplies).
- Project/Program Management experience – Knowledge of new product realization, including all DFX disciplines, risk assessment, risk mitigation planning, issue resolution and commonly accepted best practices.
- Ability to lead and motivate other not in direct line of responsibility; this role is to influence change.
- Proven ability to lead and co-ordinate team activity in multifunctional environment as well as successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business