Noise & Vibration Engineer (engineer/advanced engineer)
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Exciting opportunity for a noise and vibration engineer to work at concept stage on the refinement of a brand new electric motor for an exciting new product
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
As our first NVH Electric Motor engineer on this new and exciting product, you will join the engineering team in charge of the design and integration of the electric motor to deliver a market leading product in terms of refinement. You will be responsible for the NVH attribute and will be given the exciting opportunity to influence the design from the concept stage. You will be involved in many aspects of the design process using analytical, numerical and experimental techniques and suggesting innovative technologies to reach our ambitious goal. You will also be linked with our other experts to ensure we reach the optimum overall experience for our users.
This is what we need you to do:
• Bring and share your NVH electric motor expertise and enthusiasm within a highly motivated and passionate team of design and mechanical engineers.
• Seek for engineering excellence during the whole development of the product
• Suggest and own the NVH electric motor strategy.
• Scope and deliver technology projects to fuel the top level vision using the technology readiness level process.
• Scope and conduct informative experimental / numerical campaigns internally and externally (in collaboration with our external partners).
• Analyse test results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
• A first degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• A proven experience in designing electric motor (electro-magnetic induced noise, power system induced noise) for reduced vibration and acoustics.
• CAE tools – Experience in electro-magnetism (Magnet / Maxwell / Flux), finite element analysis (ANSYS, NASTRAN, Hyperworks, LMS virtual Lab) is required.
• Good knowledge and understanding in NVH, acoustics or refinement.
• Good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 14TH JULY 2017