Account Manager - New Business Development & Sales
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Chicago, United States
The role of the Account Manager - New Business Development & Sales is to gain increased distribution of our products with accounts appropriate in line with our strategic vision. This increased distribution is to drive sales revenue with greater exposure to our core consumer, while enabling key brand and product objectives.
Develop a new customer pipeline
- Work with the brand team to establish core rationale and objectives, then define, prioritize and scope the right customers to focus on.
- Establish and create the appropriate contacts to enable an informed and appropriate pitch to these businesses.
- Curate the right mix of persistence, networking, relationships and customer focus to establish new distribution.
Development and execution of strategic story telling
- Create a compelling story that enables both businesses objectives by understanding the joint objectives of both Dyson and the customer.
- Understand how our products and categories fit and contribute to the customer, and establish and execute the right ‘hygiene’ factors to deliver this specifically for the customer.
- Work the brand and public relations team to help curate and increase awareness, desire and interest for the key focus segments and customers.
Account development and management
- Understand the economics of gaining and sustaining the new customer and distribution – inclusive of margins, ranging, forecasting, warehousing, promotions, events, cost of advertising and presence/awareness building, payment terms and placement costs.
- Scope and ensure the business understands the total supply chain.
- Recommend and execute final terms negotiations.
- Work with legal team in preparation and finalization of retailer agreements.
- Implement a transition plan to move the account within the existing account team structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience account sales and account management
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Shown a history of starting things from scratch
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel