Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it is also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 10000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Here at our Advance Manufacturing Centre in Laguna, there are 400 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
Function OverviewTo accelerate new model/line setup, qualifications and ramp utilizing existing manpower and equipment, identifying and acquiring any additional resources required (if any), and coordinating with SAM and RDD counterparts for faster resolution of any and all NPI-related issues.
- People Management – ensure that all engineers under him/her has enough information, skills, and motivation to do their tasks. Allocate the right number of engineers to products and lines based on existing requirements.
- NPI Management – become a technical expert on DDM lines and products. Provide technical support to engineers and managers related to new product and line setup. Coordinate with SAM and RDD counterparts on NPI-related issues. Ensure completion of set-up based on agreed timelines.
- Resource Management – Identify all needed resources for the team to properly complete their tasks at the right time and at the right quality of work. Review all costs related to the completion of tasks and ensure that no excessive expenses are being incurred.
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years experience in the NPI field, with at least 5 years in a Management capacity.
- Strong technical background in assembly manufacturing is an advantage
- Extensive experience is required on problem-solving tools and methodologies, e.g. 8D, 6Ms, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE, etc.
- Must be at least Green Belt Six Sigma trained and certified. Highly skilled in Minitab.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail is a must
- Strong leadership and people-management skills.
- Highly fluent in the English language, both written and verbal. Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge in motor manufacturing is an advantage