Migration Engineer - Contractor
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe are looking for a hands on senior technical analyst to help grow and develop a highly successful server and storage team. The job primarily involves 3rd line support of physical and virtual servers and SAN’s as well as both business and IT driven project work. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining SLA’s within the team to ensure our internal customers have a great service experience. We work in a highly agile fashion, allowing our teams, to self-organise and adapt as they need to achieve business objectives. Ideally you’ll be an experienced, hands-on technologist capable of delivering large-scale projects within Infrastructure Operations. Someone that’s happy to work as part of a larger team, whilst mentoring and supporting other Engineers, and collaborating with many different design teams and IT streams too. You will work closely with our Technical Architects, Client and Mobile Operations, IT Security, Support Services and applications to manage Dyson infrastructure, and to help us build and grow with the businesses rapid growth with focus on uptime, performance and efficiency.
Market OverviewEnsuring Dyson’s IT infrastructure performs around the clock, around the world, isn’t easy. And as the company expands geographically, taking on more people and more complex enterprises, our IT needs to continually evolve the business to face its new challenges. Exciting and fast paced, our hub of technical architects thrives on empowering and protecting Dyson with the latest and best business transformation technology. From servers and storage, to database management, network configuration, communications and collaboration tools, we’re investigating the future and providing global solutions.
Function OverviewTucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,500 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the IT team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
Accountabilities• With the team you will be responsible for keeping all Dyson systems up and running to the business
• Providing 3rd / 4th line support of Physical/Virtual Windows Servers and HP 3PAR SAN’s, using the published processes and procedures for guidance
• Assist and mentor other members of the Servers and Storage team.
• Improve service and maintain SLA’s for the business
• Maintain uptime levels and improve the running of the infrastructure.
• Make sure all systems & data at Dyson is protected
• Manage 3rd Party relationships with key partners.
• Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation and processes.
• Proactive monitoring of Server hardware, Operating Systems and storage
• Project planning and delivery
• Maintaining and support critical business systems
Skills• Technical experience of Microsoft Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 and Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016
• Understanding of VMware
• Strong hardware experience, including configuration of HP Servers and blades
• Dedicated to providing IT solutions and managing relationships with key business areas as well as 3rd parties.
• Experience of third line fault repair and vendor escalations