Sell Through Senior Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Mexico City, Mexico
Dyson is establishing our first office in Mexico City to launch our Mexican presence. To begin, there will be a small leadership team setting up the business will full support from the North American Hub and Group (Global HQ). This team will develop the plans to grown the organization and build the business. The business is complex, the growth prospects exhilarating, and this is an exciting opportunity to create the Dyson Mexico business.
The successful candidate will provide direction to ensure attainment of sales by driving in-store conversion through understanding the shopper journey and creating world-class in-store environments within retail customers and trade channels. This role will also work with retail resources to ensure the right retail fixtures are in place for customers to have an exceptional Dyson experience. The strategic development and deployment for the markets with excellence, and to oversight the events activations calendar are also part of the scope of this role. Ensuring we deliver best in class events that are fully integrated with the rest of Marketing and maximize ROI will be a key priority of this role.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson has made a name for itself in the US and Canada with superior technology and hungry team that wants to win. Mexico is the next battleground in the Americas. Are you in?
Line management of Sales and Sell out team
· Build and develop a winning sales and sellout team to ensure capacity and capability to delivery Dyson’s ambition.
· Create an environment that gives the individual/team the responsibility and the authority to achieve goals, as well as holding them accountable for attainment of those goals.
· Reinforce importance of ‘how’ team achieves success by connecting their work to Dyson’s spirit: perseverance, invention, perfectionist, wrong thinking, passion, and underdog.
· Train and up skill the capability of the sales and demonstrator team to increase effectiveness and rate of sale per store – driving best practice across the region.
Perfect In-store Execution and Optimal by Store Sales Performance
- As key conduit between Headquarters Retail and Local markets on all things retail and events.
- Lead implementations of all locally relevant global retail programs to deliver premium in-store brand experience and drive conversion.
- Undertake regular store visits to understand the in store environment and competitor activity, observe shoppers and connect with Retail staff for key learning and to ensure effective execution of stands and fixtures in store.
- Attend key distributor and retailer meetings to present and influence the controlled in store space strategy.
- Undertake research to understand how shoppers research the category, the triggers and barriers for purchase.
- Lead in-store audits to monitor distributors/retailers executions, ultimately to maintain the perfect in-store quality post launch.
- Stay abreast on news on emerging technologies in merchandising. Identify trends that will lead to understanding consumer needs, how consumers shop, and ultimately buy.
- Communicate and roll out the most effective activities as best practice.
Develop a deep understanding of Dyson’s retailers and their objectives
· Build and maintain strong top-to-top relationships with key customers.
· Conduct regular meetings with key contacts within the trade to ensure customer account plans are on track.
· Work effectively with key functions in Dyson to promote the regions sales objectives.
· Enable customer teams to deliver innovative/winning solutions to key direct/strategic customers. Enable the selling organization with programs, tools and initiatives that best serve the customer base.
· Routinely evaluate spending for effectiveness and efficiency, identifying opportunities to enhance productivity of spending and executional excellence in the field.
Sales Management and Planning
· Create store and region level action plans to deliver 18-month and 5-year strategy and annual plans.
· Ensure the establishment of aggressive sales and financial objectives and drive the organization to achieve those demanding goals through all retail trade channels.
· Quickly assess strengths and weaknesses and provide leadership for the development of sales objectives and business strategies, as well as guide the organization to achieve desired results.
· Drive effective channel strategies and range strategies with retailers/distributors to maximize and optimize Dyson profitably in line with market goals.
· Clearly establish, communicate and align the organization behind a sales/customer strategy for the business and ensure that the alignment delivers commitment, enthusiasm and dedication for the company direction.
· Develop, gain commitment to, and guide the implementation of, strategic sales and channel plans, ensuring the integration of those plans throughout the organization, shaping channel strategy, sales fundamentals and merchandising plans, as well as integrating execution plans.
· Direct the development and implementation of trade marketing and sales strategies, with a clear return on investment parameters that attain volume growth targets at appropriate margins to achieve integrated sales/category objectives.
Channel Development Strategy and Execution
· Partner with Business Development/Sales team to co-author channel strategy and identify key building blocks and annual KPIs.
· Develop a 12-month activity calendar covering NPDs, channel expansion, promotions, fixture upgrades, merchandising roll out and tailored activities to drive business.
· Attend distributor/retailer meetings to ensure that accountability for in-store activities is clear and that all activities are delivered within budget and on time.
· Own all retail marketing information communications to business development / sales / distributors / retailers teams.
· Own and drive quantification of channel/in-store activity.
· Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialling new activities to further the business – agreeing success criteria upfront.
· Work closely with financial analyst to conduct appraisals of in-store activities across all channels.
New Product Development (NPD) Retail Launch Strategy
· Delivery and communication of in-store NPD brand strategy and plans with close partnering with Business Development/Sales teams and Brand Managers. Gain buy-in for implementation.
· Maximize new product launch impact within category in-store, and create theatrical demo experience to inspire and convert consumers.
· Lead the development and implementation of fixtures, merchandising and evaluation of retailer specific initiatives.
· Liaise with Brand Managers to ensure that all communication initiatives are ‘on brand’ and consistent across the marketing mix.
· Ensure the shopper experience for Dyson products surpasses the competitions and exceed brand promise.
Events Designs and Rollout
- Develop the annual strategy, plan and calendar for local events.
- Oversee team delivery of key Dyson events across consumer events, exhibitions/trade shows, Academy, retail events and internal events.
- Ensure team works effectively with the global team to obtain key assets and approvals (where relevant).
Oversee management of events budget to delivery of high quality events.
Experience and Education
- 10 years of proven track record of delivering brand sales experience, merchandising and retail environments experience in particular working within the Mexican market.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant business related field.
- Multi-lingual - English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership of a customer development organization of significant scale. Ideally, also has experience within a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment.
- Successfully negotiated with senior leaders at major retailers; high level experience of customer negotiations and distributor management; detailed understanding of retail/retailers and the commercial context.
- Experience of creating change, challenging the status quo, developing a new market, establishing a product category or brand with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Succession caliber; the successful candidate will need to be capable of growing into increased responsibility as performance and circumstances allow.
- Drive key retail building blocks to achieve business objectives.
- Devise and deliver perfect in-store brand experiences.
- Proven strategic ability and project delivery record.
- Clear understanding of the use and benefits of each material/process required for retail environment.
- Attention to detail and problem solver.
- Ability to work on multiple projects whilst delivering on challenging deadlines.
- Analytical plus excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong influencing and networking skills, presenting up to Director level.
- Performance management of sales team to drive results.
- Integrity in action; does what is right; impeccable ethics; must uphold Dyson’s brand and integrity.
- Strong collaborative and consensus-building skills; open and team focused.
- Low personal ego; high team ego to succeed; balanced, straightforward individual.
- Passion with personal pace and intensity, enthusiasm and drive.
- Inquisitive, hands-on and engaged; self-disciplined and analyzes ambiguous situations and digs deep to find solutions.
- Self-starter who sees things to completion, entrepreneurial flair.
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach, intelligent, quick-thinking, alert.
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections.
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels.
- Results driven.
- Selected candidate must be willing and able to travel, mostly domestic but some international.