Materials Team Leader /Materials Manager
- Team management and involvement to support multiple projects.
- Lead projects handled by Materials team in sourcing and approving new material for cost reduction, product improvement (NPI), product developments (NPD) and regional sourcing (plastic, rubber, metal, paint & other materials).
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes Dyson machines different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson machines are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, they play vital role in supporting Dyson’s growth.
- Primary contact within Dyson Malaysia, Singapore & UK for material advice.
- Material support for manufacturing, engineering and quality.
- Colour control, matching & developments in Malaysia.
- Work with suppliers to identify new material and improved processes.
- Review and approval of Material Specifications.
- Coordinate X projects and Current support team for materials analysis (FTIR, DSC, TGA, XRF, PAH test) by external laboratories.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Excellent English Communication skills
At least 5 years experience in materials-related industry involving process design, material research, material process development or material testing is required for this position.
Excellent understanding in chemical and mechanical properties of plastics, metals, paints and elastomers.
Excellent understanding in Statistical Process Analysis (SPC), working with hand-on experienced / sound knowledge in laboratory instruments such as XRF, GPC, FTIR, DSC etc. and mechanical testing for metal.
Good understanding in safety regulation body such as UL, ETL, CCC etc. and understanding in European Directive Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), Proposition 65 Substances of California state, CEPA, Japan for law of harmful substances & SVHC List of REACH etc.
Knowledge and hands on experience in Finite Element analysis (Ansys) would be an added advantage.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.