Materials Compliance Manager
Senai, Johor, Malaysia
- To manage and lead the Materials Team which consists of Materials Team Leader, Materials Engineers and Materials Technician in providing materials technical support to multiple projects.
- Materials technical supports including materials selection, development, validations, material failure analysis, colour matching/buy-off and approval of materials.
- Primary contact within Dyson Malaysia, Singapore, UK & Philippines for material advice/support.
- Able to work with material/coating suppliers, external test laboratories and the UK Material Team to provide the technical supports to the Dyson teams and prime contractors.
- Leading and managing of project transfer from the UK to SEA.
- Manage and control of the Materials process flow.
- Review and approval of materials and coating specifications.
- Planning and setting up objectives for the Materials Team.
- Performance management and coaching of Materials Team members.
- Driving of Materials internal improvement activities.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Polymer Science, Metallurgy Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Must possess managerial role experience, highly motivated, internally driven individual with good communication skills, good planning and organizing capabilities and able to work within a team.
At least 5 years experiences in materials-related industry involving material research, material selection, material process development and material testing are required for this position.
- Good understanding in chemical, mechanical properties and application of plastics, metals, coatings and elastomers.
- Good understanding in Statistical Process Analysis (SPC), working with hand-on experienced / sound knowledge in laboratory instruments such as XRF, GPC, FTIR, DSC etc. and mechanical testing for materials.
Knowledge in European Directive Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), Proposition 65 Substances of California state, CEPA, Japan for law of harmful substances & SVHC List of REACH etc.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Must possess character of high integrity.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English and computer literate.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Senai.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Previous experience in project/program management.
- Knowledge in materials/coatings legislation and product safety certification would be an added advantage.