Master Data Development Analyst
£29,000 - £31,000 + Bonus, Pension, On-Site Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionYou will be responsible for the development and monitoring of both current and new master data management processes. You will ensure that operational processes are modified to reflect the requirements of inbound change initiatives and projects, and initiate these changes to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and good governance of master data processes.
Market OverviewDyson is a large multinational technology company with a turnover of over $3bn and a global staff of over 7000.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. Our inventiveness and attention to excellence in everything we do extend into all of our business areas.
Function OverviewMaster data management (MDM) is essential to the effective running of our business. Master data is a single source of basic business data used across multiple systems, applications, and/or processes. When master data is accurate, on time and complete it saves us both time and money and allows us to make better informed business decisions. High quality master data is a real asset to our business.
Global Master Data Management (GMDM) creates and maintains master data in multiple Dyson systems for all markets globally. Dyson’s primary ERP system is SAP, encompassing both front and back office solutions. The business deploys other complimentary systems which also require high quality master data for their effective operation.
GMDM is a centralised department which was set up to give the business control over its master data. The team is located in Malmesbury, United Kingdom and Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Team activities are divided into two main work streams; business as usual (BAU) operations and development. The team aims to ensure a high level of master data integrity through efficient, user-friendly processes.
AccountabilitiesParticular responsibilities include:
- Understand the impact of master data on different areas of the business and how it interacts in the various Dyson systems.
- Modify processes and procedures to reflect new requirements resulting from inbound business change initiatives and projects.
- Lead and collaborate on projects aimed at improving and documenting systems and processes.
- Perform data set up and maintenance tasks in the different business systems, ensuring that master data is of a high quality and available in a timely manner.
- Develop and run audits and cleansing exercises to ensure data integrity.
- Use knowledge and expertise to provide problem solving support to the Operations team and internal customers.
- Deliver training to Master Data Operations Analysts.
- Work closely with the Master Data Development Manager and your peers to drive the achievement of the departmental objectives.
- Partner the Master Data Operations Team Leaders and Analysts to integrate new work-streams and processes into business as usual activities by ensuring that processes work correctly, are documented and fully trained out.
- Provide a professional, responsive and helpful service to internal customers.
- Experience in a similar master data role - experienced in data capture and creating master data.
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Results focused with a proven track record of planning and organising activities to achieve challenging deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of the function of master data in ERP systems.
- Knowledge and/or experience of master data best practice.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams both cross-functionality and geographically.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Applies and enforces agreed standards and ways of working.
- Works to high standards and sets a positive example for others.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.