Master Data Analyst
Competitive Salary + Bonus, 27 Days Holiday, Casual Dress Code, Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining master data primarily relating to customers, vendors, materials, customer pricing, and purchase order approval, as well as to perform data cleansing and validation activities and get involved in wider MDM related projects.
Market OverviewDyson is a large multinational technology company with a turnover of over $3bn and a global staff of over 7000.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. Our inventiveness and attention to excellence in everything we do extend into all of our business areas.
Function OverviewMaster data management (MDM) is essential to the effective running of our business. Master data is a single source of basic business data used across multiple systems, applications, and/or processes. When master data is accurate, on time and complete it saves us both time and money and allows us to make better informed business decisions. High quality master data is a real asset to our business.
AccountabilitiesGlobal Master Data Management (GMDM) creates and maintains master data in multiple Dyson systems for all markets globally. Dyson’s primary ERP system is SAP, encompassing both front and back office solutions. The business deploys other complimentary systems which also require high quality master data for their effective operation.
GMDM is a centralised department which was set up to give the business control over its master data. The team is located in both the United Kingdom and South East Asia. Team activities are divided into two main work-streams; business as usual team operations and inbound change and process improvement project delivery. The team aims to ensure a high level of master data integrity through efficient, user-friendly processes.
This is what we need you to do:
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining master data primarily relating to customers, vendors, materials, customer pricing, and purchase order approval, as well as to perform data cleansing and validation activities and get involved in wider MDM related projects. You will work as part of a team responsible for delivering master data to the business that is consistently accurate, on time and in full. The role will also involve developing and improving master data processes both to increase operational efficiency and cope with a fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. You will work closely with your GMDM colleagues both in the UK and South East Asia, internal customers across the world and IT SAP system specialists.
1. Create and maintain master data in SAP ECC, SAP CRM, and Dyson Central.
- Process customer requests in line with service level agreements and respond to queries in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that the required master data governance standards and controls are adhered to, including validation checks and quality audits.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly processes and tasks to the required standard.
- Provide a professional, responsive and helpful service to internal customers.
- Provide effective problem solving support, advice and guidance to internal customers.
- Investigate KPI results to identify actions to improve both performance and data integrity.
- Support Master Data Senior Analysts and Master Data Team Leader in wider MDM related project work.
2. Develop and improve processes.
- Map out processes and clarify business rules.
- Document processes fully and keep up to date.
- Create and modify processes and procedures to reflect new requirements resulting from inbound business change initiatives and projects.
- Deliver process efficiency improvements through changes in ways of working and automation and rationalisation of processes.
- Ensure data integrity by improving validation, auditing and cleansing disciplines.
- Understand the impact of master data on different areas of the business and also how it interacts within the various Dyson systems and core transactions.
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- Previous experience of handling master data in an ERP system, ideally SAP.
- A passion for the discipline of master data management.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organisational skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- A clear appreciation of what constitutes good customer service and a commitment to delivering this.
- A proactive approach to your role; self-starting and solution rather than problem focused.
- High self-motivation and flexibility.
- High personal work standards.
- The ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice.
- The ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders both within and outside of the MDM team to get the job done.
- Confidence to push back with customers and stakeholders to protect the integrity of the data management process.
- A thirst to learn about new areas and develop new areas of expertise.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.