Master Data Analyst – Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionReporting to the Head of business system integration, the Master Data Analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining master data primarily relating to Supply Chain Activities. Your key objective is to ensure that at all time the system is setup correctly and running effectively. You will work as part of a team responsible for managing master data that is consistently accurate, on time and in full. You will help to ensure that master data processes are continually developed and improved both to increase operational efficiency and cope with a fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. You will need to understand the impact of all master data for the processes you are responsible for on different areas of the business and how it interacts within the various Dyson systems.
Once those key activities are completed you will also have the opportunity to support the business with data analytics.
Being at the heart of the master data and supply chain processes, you will be ideally placed to audit and analyse supply chain data to pick up trends, evolutions and provide analyses to the business to drive supply chain improvement activities. In this role, you will have to link data together from multiple sources and manage high volume of information. Data mining capability is key for this role but more importantly and inquisitive attitude will make you successful for the role. You will be responsible for the design and development of analytical models to support the execution of supply chain operations. You will design and conceptualise solutions
To achieve those goals, you will work closely with internal customers across the world and the Head office teams in the UK. This is a highly strategic role within supply chain which can leverage great career developments
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Master Data Analyst to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
Function OverviewThe key objective is to align data analytics with business objectives. You will need to understand the supply chain and the business processes in other areas within Dyson. From this knowledge, you will need to work with multiple business stakeholders to interact with and gather data from various Dyson systems. After collecting data, pre-processing is an essential responsibility in this process of extracting business insights. With the data ready to be analysed, you need to tackle the data problems holistically, in the sense that multiple models and different algorithms with various parameters are to be tried out and weighted to find out the best solution. You will be responsible for the design and development of analytical models to support Dyson operations or implement changes. You will conceptualise and build solutions to make the changes a permanent success.
Furthermore, Dyson aims to increase its operational efficiency and change to adapt to its fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. One of the key challenges to the job is to attract business interest in utilizing the data analytics and insights to make changes and improvements. This task focuses on the success of change implementation within the organizations. Hence, you will need to prepare thoroughly for presenting your ideas to various business stakeholders and convince them of your findings. Make them understand a problem or an opportunity and get them to be involved in your effort to apply data analytics to the problem. Machine learning, deep learning, data mining or advanced analytics often requires technical knowledge and statistical expertise. Presenting such topic to business people hence needs your emphasis on simplification and clarity.
- Setup processes for managing master data
- Setup processes for loading in batch or manually master data in system
- Put in place systems for auditing and reporting the quality of master data
- Perform detailed data validation and accuracy checks
- Maintain a full audit trail of data changes
- Find ways to simplify and make the systems more efficient
- Provide a professional, responsive and helpful service to internal customers
- Provide problem solving support, advice and guidance to internal customers
- Make use of data analytics to answer key business questions by providing both qualitative and quantitative analysis on request
- Previous experience of handling master data, ideally in SAP
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Organised and methodical. Applies and enforces agreed standards and ways of working
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Highly numerical
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice
- Displays a clear passion for the discipline of master data management
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Comfortable pushing back with customers and stakeholders to protect the integrity of the data management process
- Works to high standards
- Inquisitive and thorough in approach
- Thirst to learn about new areas and develop new areas of expertise
- Appreciates what constitutes good customer service and displays a commitment to delivering this
- Advanced skills in database and reporting
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture