Market Insight Coordinator
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL, United States
The insight function within a market will run product and app trials (Dyson & competitor) and use all local data sources to categorise customer’s views on Dyson/competitor products. The Market Insight Coordinator will be guided by the Insights team within Quality categories to enable UK based analysis of global product insight from a Quality perspective.
Market OverviewDyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions. But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Indirect customer insight - using all available data sources the role will provide localised information/insight to the category on perception of Dyson & Competitor products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Included (but not exclusive) are Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, Youtube etc
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, data sources etc.
- Ensure that on-line reviews are translated (where applicable) & categorised to identify consumer likes & dislikes with both Dyson and Competitor products. Ensure methodology is aligned with other Group functions i.e. Commercial Insights, Mechanistic’s etc.
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Under Category guidance create reports to communicate regional areas of interest.
- Active awareness of broadening data landscape; assess any new arising sources of customer satisfaction which may be of benefit, inform centralized Insights team.
Direct customer insight - Utilise existing Dyson customers to extract detailed insight into the use & perception of our products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Achieve this through survey tools & direct interview (on the phone or face/face).
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, methodology etc. Agree specific work package definitions.
- Using the appropriate (& pre-agreed) tools generate series of questions to tease out the required insight from consumers e.g. surveys.
- Categorise customer data recorded by the customer service team in order to identify the main symptoms in customer complaints.
Trials - Manage a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the quality, reliability & user perception of products in development & in the market.
- Run internal market product home trials or observed trials at specified points in the development lifecycle - 01 Rig/EB1 etc. as defined by category quality.
- Create & manage a local plan for the trial including support in targeting trial individuals, delivery program, survey distribution and closure, management of products at end of trial etc.
- Support the creation of trial surveys (to ensure local/cultural details are considered) and in translation into local language. Conversion of results into English is also a requirement.
- Support the benchmarking of competitor products during trials for comparison - survey trialist for feedback to include perception scores/star rating.
- Generate weekly/monthly status reports to communicate current position of each/every trial across all categories & territories.
Assist Territory Team General Administration
- Assist with the routine non-Engineering based activities to support the wider team in the market.
- Coordinate courier activity of machines or samples which are required to be sent to UK, SEA or elsewhere.
- Support with ad-hoc project requests working cross functionally with other teams with the Japan business.
- Experience with product analysis and running product trials is desired.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to convert anecdotal research into quantitative data.
- Ability to understand consumer behavior and what drives product ratings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Software Packages at an intermediate level.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, concise and thorough manner.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships and work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- An ability to understand feelings and perceptions from what is said or written.
- Ability to follow process and work in a consistent manner.
- Solid organizational and administrative skills.