Manufacturing Engineering Director
Advanced manufacturing is at the heart of everything Dyson does. The challenge is to work alongside some of the greatest minds in Design and to turn their ideas into high quality consumer products that can be mass produced. This role requires someone who can pushing the boundaries of manufacturing by exploring pioneering manufacturing techniques in tooling and automation. Reporting into the Global Manufacturing and Procurement Director the role of Manufacturing Engineering Director will be a key driving force in Dyson to enable us to continuing our journey of growth as we increase volumes and expand into new markets and categories.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Global manufacturing organization encompasses the management of all supply chain functions from procurement in each tier of the supply chain, to management of the first tier manufacturing assembly factories in Singapore, Malaysia and The Philippines. The manufacturing engineering director shall manage multiple department heads, bridging across various technical functions including manufacturing engineering and injection molding tooling from NPI to EOL.
The candidate is responsible for leading and driving overall strategy for all manufacturing engineering functions globally in support of Dyson’s operational and business plans relative to meeting cost, quality, delivery and new production introduction requirements:
- Create and deliver clear global strategy for manufacturing engineering across all the manufacturing disciplines within part assemblies, sub assemblies and final assemblies including the development of future advanced manufacturing engineering solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership in managing Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Equipment and Maintenance Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Automation, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Injection molding and Painting and New Production Introduction.
- Drive Process and Product Management relative to process control, yield improvement, scrap reduction, process optimization and product management.
- Lead Equipment and Maintenance function to provide effective equipment and maintenance support relative to equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, spares management and equipment setup and qualification. This shall include manufacturing assembly, injection molding plastics, and high speed precision automation where applicable.
- Manage New Product Introduction with the Research, Design and Development (RDD) team applying various methods to ensure DFx is integrated 100% in to the development process. Ensure effective new product transfer, release to production and volume ramp.
- Work with Research, Design and Development (RDD) team on product/process improvement following new product transfers from UK to South East Asia.
- Manage key suppliers across all disciplines relative to project management, equipment service support and equipment supplier management and technology capability aligned to our product roadmaps.
- Develop engineering competencies of team to meet engineering, operational and business requirements.
- Minimum 15 years of engineering leadership experience, with a minimum of 5 years operating at Director Level, with C level exposure.
- Core competences require a broad experience in high volume, precision supply including moulding, painting, assembly, automation test, performance and productivity, and quality.
- Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering.
- Excellent communicator, with high energy levels, and results driven orientation.
- Demonstrated track record of significant engineering accomplishments, particularly in the areas of automation, product/process and maintenance management, obsession with quality, cost and delivery.
- Multi-national corporations work exposure with strong ability to work with regional and headquarter team for results including direct C level exposure.
- Strong leadership, drive, execution and problem solving abilities to meet engineering, operational and business goals.
- Strong ability to lead team and influence for results across organization.
- Six-Sigma black belt certification with extensive experience in TPM, and DFM methodologies.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.