£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
DescriptionReporting to the Senior Management Accountant, you will ensure the timely and accurate reporting of financial performance, and to assist with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting cycles. The finance function within RDD has a key role to play controlling the cost of investment within the RDD function, which runs at a rate of £3m per week.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. In 2017 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewOur Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
• Analysis of monthly performance to feed into Group reporting requirements.
• Partnering cost centre managers to understand monthly variations to the forecast, and to build knowledge regarding future activity.
• Understand and, where appropriate, challenge the level of activity and drivers of cost within RDD.
• Support the Category Directors in understanding spend in their categories.
• Work with overseas RDD operations to produce / understand combined results.
• Complete month-end procedures including accruals, prepayments and cost allocations.
• Track and forecast our monthly capital investment costs within RDD, as well as challenging and analysing any capital proposals that are put forward for approval.
• Provide support and take financial ownership of Dyson’s connected-products development project.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Understand the Purchase Order processing function to provide training and guidance to users, and resolve any issues.
• Support the RDD Head of Finance as required.
Qualified accountant – likely to have no more than 3-4 years’ PQE
Management accounting and analysis experience would be desirable, but not essential.
Excellent academic background
Working knowledge of Excel
Previous experience of SAP and OneStream would be advantageous but not essential.
Previous exposure to an engineering environment would be beneficial but not essential.
None specifically required but languages are an advantage in the Dyson global environment
Pro-active and flexible in approach, with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills in order to meet deadlines and to accommodate critical tasks.
Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
Able to identify and challenge the key drivers of cost within a function
Able to summarise key points and issues succinctly
Able to build effective working relationships with other departments and areas of Finance
Able to grasp non-financial concepts
High levels of integrity