Logistics Solutions Manager
DescriptionReporting to the Global Logistics Director, the Logistics Solutions manager will be tasked with the end-to-end implementation, testing development and deployment of Integrated Business Planning systems by utilizing the best in class methodology, tools and environments.
Dyson OverviewAt Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Function OverviewThe Global Logistics and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex logistics operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
What will you do...
- Develop IT/Systems requirements for end to end logistics and planning.
- Focus on SAP integration/EDI Pipe and API hooks with 3PL partners.
- Develop technology partnerships on Dynamic Routing/Last Mile Delivery Experience.
- Develop Technology partnerships for improved visibility and control of goods and information flow.
- Implement processes, systems and organizational development to build a robust Integrated Business Planning program.
- Lead consolidation and achieve consensus where necessary between different teams and individuals.
- Lead the development, roll-up and communication of the global demand plan and inventory management system activities by balancing interests of multiple divisions and functional teams.
- Provide specialist level functional and configuration knowledge in designing and implementing the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) module for Logistics and supply chain planning.
- Understand the business processes and applies this knowledge to design the SAP solution required to support the business processes.
What is required for this role...
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an IT/Engineering/Supply Chain discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience within the logistics/supply chain environment.
- A background in handling logistics for high end consumer goods or electronics manufacturer is preferred.
- Ability to identify operational improvements and influence others to deliver change.