Logistics Project Manager
DescriptionThe roles will involve the Project management of key programs either initiated by Logistics or to support the wider business. Strategic programs include VMI, warehouse integrations, hub development, significant integration
The role will drive strategic projects, and identification and implementation of saving opportunities.
Some further activities on the freight rate management with the Contract Manufacturers may transition into this role eventually, which will expand the space to liaise with another group of suppliers and their freight billing process.
The role will be based in our Singapore office and will interact closely with IT, logistics operations, planning, tax, legal, customs. The role will support the Head of Logistics in the delivery of any logistics requirements to expand the business.
Other activities include continuous improvement (LEAN) projects that are being identified for drive for efficient logistics operations, and cost down.
This is a new role, and critical to support on-going and growing number of projects, looking for a strong profile with a strong project management and analytics skills.
A self-starter, that requires limited supervision, but has the ability to escalate and communicate, build relationships internally and externally.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Function OverviewDyson Operations ensure every market has full product availability – requiring meticulous strategic planning. Working with Dyson HQ, global markets, manufacturers and logistics providers, the team coordinates launch timetables, sales forecasts and stock-flow around the world. Every day brings new challenges. A country’s exchange rate can suddenly affect demand. Strikes, delays, legal challenges all have an impact. It makes the team one of the most dynamic in the business. And with more direct sales planned to drive growth, meeting complex customer demands has become another exciting challenge.
- Identify and quantify business drivers for projects
- Lead assigned initiatives as project owner
- Responsible for life cycle management of project assigned
- Develop meaningful metrics and key performance indicators for project benefits measurement
- Facilitate/Lead project planning sessions with cross-functional internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Proactive in identifying areas of improvement and opportunities for cost savings
- Energy, integrity, positive attitude, self-directed
- Personal drive and able to deliver strong operational results under pressure
- Communicative and able to build cross-functional relationships
- Set structure, drive data analysis
- Analytical skills to drive cost down initiatives, prepare negotiation positions
- Negotiation / procurement experience
- SAP knowledge is preferable
- Commercial bias
- Degree in Business, Engineering or Science
- MNC experience preferable
- Experience with or management of Airfreight in forwarding (3PL), cargo carrier or similar role in the industry is a must