Line Shift Leader
DescriptionSeeking an experienced Line shift Leader with excellent people management skills to join our dynamic Production team! You will be responsible to effectively lead a team of production operators in achieving production targets. You should have the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. You are the key to operators performance and the bridge between the management and operators.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Be responsible to lead a team of Production Operators to fulfil production output with focus on Safety, Quality & Productivity.
- Supervise production activities including moving of raw materials, pick & place operations, visual inspection, data recording/logging and packing operations.
- Carry out all assigned production activities in accordance with site safety policies and procedures, and written work instructions
- Conduct operators' performance management and also be responsible for ensuring new employees training and coaching of existing employees
- Act as a bridge in ensuring effective communications between management and operatorsEnsure good housekeeping at assigned work area meeting established 5s standards
- Support continuous improvement activities e.g. Lean manufacturing & total productive maintenance (TPM) programs
- Champion and support continuous improvement activities e.g. Lean manufacturing & total productive maintenance (TPM) programs.
- Escalate all unsafe work conditions and issues impacting product quality to immediate supervisor without delays.
- Work closely with equipment team to ensure good support on machines equipment and fixtures by providing basic description of equipment/machines issues to the Engineering/Equipment Maintenance team to speed up troubleshooting process.
- Be responsible to maintain a clean and safe shop floor in accordance with 5S protocol
- Be part of the management & resolution of operator grievances.
- Carry out any other assigned activities in support of production requirements as deemed fit by management team
- Possess a GCE O/A level certificate or equivalent qualifications
- Come with 5 years' of work experience in an electronics manufacturing environment with at least 2 years in a team leader role
- Be conversant in English & Mandarin/Malay - to liaise with Mandarin/Malay speaking associates
- Be self-motivated & able to work under pressure
- Be able to perform 12-hours rotating shift work, carry out lifting activities (Less than 10kg loads) and carry out basic machinery operations
- Effectively use Microsoft Excel, and have basic understanding of units measurements. Having work experience with SAP system will be a plus.
- Have proven track records of team management and collaboration skills
- Show good work attitude and regular in attendance.