Lead Cloud Infrastructure / Lead DevOps Engineer (DevOps, AWS, Windows, Linux, Ansible, Automation, IoT, Web, Digital, Continuous Integration/Delivery)
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
This is a hands-on role where you will also be working closely with software engineers to design, build, configure, deploy and support our Digital and Connected devices infrastructure to make sure our systems are secure, robust and reliable.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewThe Infrastructure & Environments team is at the heart of this significant transformation at Dyson - ensuring we maintain robust and highly-available digital platforms for both our customers and the machines they buy while continuing to deploy new features at pace. The Infrastructure & Environments team is responsible for building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Infrastructure as code along with automation is our bread and butter – making sure environments can be spun up or changed with ease, whilst ensuring consistency. The team also works closely with the software engineers in scrums to delivery, troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Day to day management of a small team, ensuring quality of work & delivery of business objectives
- Working with scrum masters to agree team deliverables
- Identify technical opportunities and risks for the business
- Develop, automate and maintain the build of AWS components, and operating systems
- Liaise with architects, software engineers, DBA’s to understand and implement new requirements, features and changes
- Implement monitoring solutions, and respond to alerts and issue as required
- Ensure that systems are secure and patched
- Keeping up to date with technology trends and identifying areas for improvement – such as security, containerisation, serverless, micro services, service discover, and continuous integration/delivery
- Demonstrates good people management and mentoring skills
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and transfer knowledge to others
- Experience of architecting and using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its various components
- Strong Windows or Linux systems administration and scripting skills
- Configuration management and automation such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Working knowledge of CI/CD techniques
- Experience in maintaining, monitoring, and scaling web based platforms
- Good problem solving and organisational skills
- Manage time effectively, meets deadlines, and achieves objectives
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to share your skills with others
- Able to demonstrate a passion for technology and an ability to adopt quickly