£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Laboratory Test Technician is responsible for performing testing to support test method development and investigative testing to support current and future research projects.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewThe technician team within Research at Dyson add value to the development process, proving designs and theories generated by the engineering team through experimental testing. Technicians will also work on continuous improvement of test methods and procedures across all areas of Research. These tests can vary, from proving something works through to making legal performance claims.
The Laboratory Test Technician will will be responsible for generating data and reporting results to the team along with giving recommendations on how to improve methods leading to best practice. The role will also include:
- Performing tests on Dyson prototypes in order to produce reliable & precise data as part of engineering investigations
- Preparation of materials and samples as required for testing
- Ensuring equipment is correctly stocked and maintained to enable testing & prototyping
- Recording and analysis of test results to present to senior colleagues
- Experience in an engineering discipline or environment
- Experience in a practical science role involving laboratory work, test methods or related disciplines
- Passion for engineering and problem solving in a product development context, experience in commercial R&D would be advantageous
- Able to execute experimental programs and complete analysis of the results, summarising findings and making recommendations
- Can demonstrate knowledge of good laboratory practice including documentation.