International IT Graduate Programme 2018
£26,500 + £2,000 joining payment - benefits include 27 days holiday + on-site gym + pension
Global HQ, Malmesbury, Wiltshire - South West UK + Global Markets, United Kingdom
Over the course of this two year programme you’ll gain experience in a diverse and challenging range of IT enabled projects across our global markets, starting in the UK before heading off to China, USA or Singapore to further implement your expertise.
Our IT teams manage the technology that makes what we do possible. They deliver an intuitive, premium interface on all digital devices, globally. They protect Dyson secrets through cutting edge digital security measures. They ensure our infrastructure performs around the clock. And they find a way to fix issues that stop us from doing our jobs. In the next few years, Dyson is getting even bigger – more people, space, and resources. Embracing the change, our IT teams are in the midst of digital transformation – critical to making our ambitious growth happen.
You’ll be liaising with business users and stakeholders across Dyson globally to support the management of change initiatives across all Dyson’s markets using IT systems and business applications.
Starting off in the UK you’ll spend the first 12 months rotating around a number of different roles to build your knowledge and expertise;
- Identify business requirements and deliver designs that meet business needs
- Support a variety of delivery methods to ensure stakeholders are engaged and their feedback is managed appropriately to enable project success.
- Partner with test analysts to identify design elements to interrogate to ensure they are aligned with the overall project plan.
- Supporting and delivering small to medium projects upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Define and deliver continuous improvement programmes
- Support the planning of services including service strategy, availability, capacity, security, disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Provide input to the requirements gathering and design stages of IT projects
- Build strong relationships with the wider business to ensure regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and any service issues
From there you’ll spend the second year of the programme in one of our markets supporting global projects. This could be China, USA or Singapore depending on your skillset – you’ll need to be prepared to go wherever we need you.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last. You’ll need to be on track for a 2:1 or above in a relevant IT degree, ideally with experience of Project management. Your knowledge could also be from other degree disciplines so long as you can demonstrate your technical understanding.
We’ll need you to demonstrate your passion for working in a fast-paced environment and desire to deliver projects that directly impact business operations on a global level. As you’ll spend the second year of the programme overseas, we’ll also need you to be globally mobile so additional language capabilities would be a bonus.
Do all this and in return you’ll get a competitive salary and pension, profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.