Internal Audit Manager / Senior Internal Auditor
£44,000 - £65,000 per annum + bonus + pension + private medical and dental + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reporting to the Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will individually contribute in providing an independent assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally. In addition, you will also help ensure that potential improvements are identified and implemented; and that the Group’s ethical principles are upheld. Depending on the successful candidate’s skills and experience, the role will either operate at a Senior Internal Auditor level; or an Internal Audit Manager with specific management responsibilities.
This role will provide a unique insight into how the business operates internationally across all functions in the Group. With high levels of exposure to senior management, the right candidate will get the opportunity to develop their technical and behavioural skill set, supporting their personal and career development plan.
The role requires previous internal audit experience, preferably within a global technology company that designs, manufactures and sells products directly to the consumer.
Our Internal Audit team is charged with providing assurance over business conduct within a business that has rule-breaking in its DNA. It’s their job to independently investigate Dyson’s processes and controls – ensuring that they always support our philosophy of wrong thinking, but never wrong doing. Based in Malmesbury and Singapore, working in Internal Audit offers a unique insight into how Dyson operates. Ultimately, their work improves how we do what we do. And as Dyson transforms, the team remains at the forefront of the business – helping us adapt to ever-changing risks and challenges.
- Deliver internal audit activity in line with the function’s methodology:
- Provide input to the Internal Audit Plan Develop the scope of individual internal audit reviews for discussion with senior management
- Conduct fieldwork and deliver high quality audit reports and agree findings with heads of functions/business units
- Track progress in addressing agreed audit actions with senior management
- Provide input to Executive, Board and Audit Committee reports as required
The successful candidate for the Internal Audit Manager role will be operating in an existing manager position; and in addition to the above will:
- Agree the objectives and scope of audit reviews with senior management
- Manage the delivery of the co-sourced IT Audit provider
- Champion integrity, risk management and internal control across the business
- Co-ordinate and conduct investigations into whistle-blowing cases and breaches of The Code
- Educated to degree level (2:1 or 1st) or equivalent
- Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence to work autonomously to deliver high quality results
- Able to develop relationships across all areas of the business (internationally and outside of Finance) and to influence these stakeholders to effect change
- Credibility at senior management level
- Willingness to travel internationally – around 20% of work may be conducted in Dyson’s international offices