Intern Electronics Engineering (Hardware)
Singapore (SIN), Singapore
- Gain sensor knowledge, IOS/ android Apps development, Apple homekit, WiFi comms
- Experience in circuit design, circuit drawing and LabView programming
- Understanding in BLE Technology (Hardware and communication protocol ), Apps development in IOS/Android.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Our story begins in 2004 and today we have more than 800 people working in Singapore. The high technology manufacturing facility in West Park produced its 10 millionth motor in July 2015. With an investment of another $100m, we will now be able to increase our motor manufacturing capacity to 11 million a year.
In our research and design hub in Alexandra, the engineers focus on developing the Air Multiplier™ technology, as well as other enabling technologies in electronics, software, robotics and many others; they help drive future portfolios of technology and develop areas of cross development between our product categories.
RDD is the heart of Dyson. It’s where we invent technology that solves problems. Our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, fail again. To be different takes courage as well as creativity.
Based in SIngapore, you’ll be part of a 1,700-strong global team of engineers and scientists. From day one you’ll be working on top secret projects using cutting edge machinery. Whichever area you join we’ll support your development, helping you understand the business and grow into the role. And the rest is up to you. You can help shape the next generation of Dyson technology.
1. Integrated Lab monitoring system
- Connected lab monitoring system which displays temperature, humidity, VOC, camera monitoring, current, voltage at several location within Electronics Lab.
- Using IOS/Android Apps to display its status.
- Project can also be develop using Apple HomeKit platform
2. Configurable Functional Tester
- Create a configurable platform of functional tester for future use in PCBA FCT development.
- Platform to consist several HW module for voltage measurement, current measurement, speed measurement, heater simulator, UART communication monitoring, Remote control signal decoding and etc..
- Software interfacing and GUI will be developed using LabView platform
3. Connect sensor to Smart device via BLE Technology
- IOS/Android apps development for sensor device communication through Bluetooth low energy
- Performing well for electronics modules
- Strong interest to work in Electronics R&D environment involving in design, test of electronics solution
- Familiar with embedded system and its programming
- Positive attitude and behavior
- Willing to learn
- Works well in a team
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.