£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
• Understand the typical infrastructure project lifecycle
• Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
• Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
• Work with Programme Managers to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT and negotiate robust and cost effective contracts with SI
• Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
• Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
• Produce project highlight reports
• Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification
• Create quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
• Creates detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
• Manage the approval of Capex budget for projects and report monthly LE to Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management.
• Track and measure business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
• Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables.
Key skills required:
• Ability to identify likely dependencies or issues up front
• Knowledge and skills to understand technical requirements and translate into business friendly language
• Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including either DSDM / Agile PM and / or PRINCE2.
• Good working knowledge of Confluence / Jira.
• Robust risk management Key experience required:
• At least 3 years’ experience of IT project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.
• Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
• Experience of delivering medium sized projects with budgets in excess of £200k.
• Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
• Business change management / communication planning.
• Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
• Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
• Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
• Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
• Have a clearly methodical approach.
• Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
• Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
• Budget management and financial reporting.
• Business case development and benefit realisation.
• Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
• Natural leader.
• Creative problem solving.
• Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
• Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
• Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
• Open, honest and responsible .