IT (Technical) Graduate Programme 2018
£26,500 + £2,000 joining payment - benefits include 27 days holiday + on-site gym + pension
Global HQ, Malmesbury, Wiltshire - South West UK, United Kingdom
During this two year programme you’ll develop your technical expertise across a range of IT projects. Depending on your discipline you could be protecting our secrets as a Security Analyst or delivering a slick user experience as a Web Developer.
Our IT teams manage the technology that makes what we do possible. They deliver an intuitive, premium interface on all digital devices, globally. They protect Dyson secrets through cutting edge digital security measures. They ensure our infrastructure performs around the clock. And they find a way to fix issues that stop us from doing our jobs. In the next few years, Dyson is getting even bigger – more people, space, and resources. Embracing the change, our IT teams are in the midst of digital transformation – critical to making our ambitious growth happen.
We are looking for technical experts to join our expanding Global IT team across a range of different technical teams as part of our Graduate IT programmes.
Our Security team protect Dyson; resolving day to day IT security operational problems, conducting auditing, analysis and remediation of penetration tests, and security testing both business applications and infrastructure. Within this team you’ll experience a series of placements across our IT security team, supporting projects globally:
Security Analyst/Cloud Security Specialist
- Actively monitor and respond to security events, conducting security event and trend analysis
- Help project teams comply with enterprise and IT Security policies, industry regulations, computer forensic investigations and best practices
- Communicate security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff
- Interface with customers to maintain and implement solutions to meet business requirements
- Support the rollout of network infrastructures to support the Dyson communications’ products and services
- Ensure the global network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer expectations
We’re also investing heavily in digital transformation, breaking new ground in quality and usability to ensure our web pages deliver the slick, user friendly experience customers expect from every interaction with Dyson. As part of our Software team you will have the opportunity to rotate around a number of roles such as;
- Contributing to core web platforms through coding, testing and assuring high quality output
- Involved in all aspects of software development including: proof of concepts and prototyping, product demonstrations, data investigation, integration with other products and product testing
- Provide high level Technical support to multiple end user groups such as CAD super users
- Monitor the local system, including multi-site tasks, translation services, and interfaces
- Contribute to the documentation and best practice guides to support the business
- Developing, industrialising, and optimising Dyson's big data platforms across AWS and GCP
- Working with data from any source, understand the best way to serve it up at scale to a global audience of analysts
- Working closely with data architects and data analysts to ensure one integrated, high performance solution
Whichever part of our Global IT team you’re in, the projects you’ll work on will be varied; each project will have clear objectives for delivery in a given time period. After two years you’ll be a systems expert with an in-depth understanding of Dyson’s supporting technology.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last. You’ll need to have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or above in a relevant IT or Computing degree. As well as being a technical expert we’ll also need you to demonstrate your ability to identify and solve problems with an analytical and logical approach, ideally from work experience or within your course.
For our security team a good understanding across a number of information security technologies, including Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, End Point Security, Data Encryption, Web/Email filtering, Anti-virus, Penetration Testing would be advantageous
For our software team, experience of the following software packages is advantageous:
- Siemens NX8.5
- Teamcenter 10
- NX CAM, NX Analysis, NX Electrical Routing, PCB translation
- SQL, Python, and Spark
Show us your passion for technology and technical innovation and we’ll show you the rest
Do all this and in return you’ll get a competitive salary and pension, profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.