IT Service Desk Analyst
$Competitive base + super + bonus
DescriptionDyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do. We are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our IT team, responsible for all IT related issues and requests across our A/NZ sites. You will have the opportunity to build your IT skills in a global environment, working to the direction of Group UK, with new and exciting technology advances in the pipeline. Your essential contribution will ensure that Dyson Australia has all the necessary tools to run effectively.
Market OverviewSince 1996 Australians have rapidly adopted the new cyclonic vacuum technology that James Dyson invented. It became the number one selling vacuum by volume and value. Now, Dyson is as much known for its high performance vacuums as it is for the Dyson Airblade hand dryer, the Dyson Air Multiplier bladeless fans and Purifiers, Jake Dyson Lights and the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. Just like the engineers based in the UK and Singapore, the Dyson team in Australia tackle problems with gusto and create solutions in all fields. At Dyson we think like engineers and we excite people with our technology, rather than giving them a sales pitch. We solve people’s problems. It’s a place where failure is encouraged if it means making something work better. Dyson Australia is growing rapidly and we’re looking for more fearless people who want to go against the grain and try a different approach.
Function OverviewIT provide essential technology support to staff across the business, focussing on the management of all office equipment, as well as the design, implementation, and maintenance of the latest IT infrastructure. Working out of both Dyson Head Office in Alexandria and Taren Point, four IT professionals currently provide support to approximately 250 staff (office and remote workers), ensuring a rapid response to all IT queries and a dynamic, hands on approach.
Joining two Service Desk Analysts and reporting to the Head of IT, you will be the first point of contact for all IT related issues or requests, across a broad range of software, hardware and systems. You will have the opportunity to work with a high level of autonomy, owning the resolution of a range of requests from basic troubleshooting to technical advice. You will work across two sites managing desktop, networking, and video conferencing faciltilies, as well as contributing to infrastructure development and improvement.
You will be responsible for:
• Providing efficient Level 1 and Level 2 Support to Dyson A/NZ employees via phone, email and in person, including training
• Logging IT issues, administering back ups, and maintaining asset databases
• Troubleshooting of software, hardware, telephony, video conference, networks, printers and mobile devices
• Monitoring, maintaining, and improving Systems to ensure maximum uptime and security
• Categorising and prioritising tasks to ensure SLA’s are achieved in line with Service Desk standards
• Identifying problems and finding solutions
• Maintaining cooperative working relationships and clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly manner
Our IT team are a collaborative and fun team that enjoy working together to help solve business challenges. Occasional work outside of core business hours is required at times and handled between the team.
You are the type of person who thrives on problem solving and are able to be flexible in your approach in order to work well with a wide range of colleagues. Strong communication skills and passion for providing exceptional customer service will be key to your success in this role. Previous experience in a similar role providing level 1 and 2 IT support is essential, along with a proactive, hands on approach.
To be successful you will also require:
• Relevant tertiary level qualifications
• Proven experience working on projects
• Experience using a Helpdesk Management Tool such as ServiceNow
• Experience supporting users in an environment with Microsoft Windows, iOS, and MacOS
• ITIL Knowledge - certifications desirable
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Essential Technical Skills: Microsoft Operating Systems – Windows 7 & 10, Server 03 & 08; Microsoft Office – 2010 & 2016; Active Directory; Exchange Management; Desktop / Laptop hardware ; LAN, WAN, & WiFi technologies
• Desirable Technical Skills: SAP, HP Servers and Storage experience; VMware vSphere; Backup Exec; CISCO; Avaya
• MCP Certification is also a nice to have