DescriptionThe Manager is part of the SEA IT Operations Management team, and has full responsibility of the IT infrastructure in SEA. The position will lead a team of diverse L2 support staff in SEA to provide infrastructure support to the offices in this region. This role will also require to work closely with the Business Stakeholders and Group IT to plan and execute infrastructure projects.
Our story begins in 2004 and today we have more than 800 people working in Singapore. The high technology manufacturing facility in West Park produced its 10 millionth motor in July 2015. With an investment of another $100m, we will now be able to increase our motor manufacturing capacity to 11 million a year.
In our research and design hub in Alexandra, the engineers focus on developing the Air Multiplier™ technology, as well as other enabling technologies in electronics, software, robotics and many others; they help drive future portfolios of technology and develop areas of cross development between our product categories.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson is a fast paced business. Our coordinators are faster still. Multitasking, diplomatic, reliable, trustworthy, quick-witted, loyal… there’s no end to their skills. Some might say it’s them that keep Dyson moving, but you wouldn’t know it from their professional and calm exterior
- Plan and develop IT infrastructure design and architecture
- Manage and administer IT servers, network, communications and security systems.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and Group IT on technology deployments and system upgrades
- Review existing IT infrastructure and recommend new technologies to ensure operational requirements are met.
- Assist in the development of service guidelines and operational procedures.
- Lead project management for new implementation or upgrades, focusing in resource, time line and budget management.
- Managing multiple vendors to ensure the smooth delivery of various systems, applications and service agreements.
- Proven people management skills with ability to create a strong coherent team of the multi-disciplinary
- Have demonstrated customer service skills in a mature manner as well as dedication to providing superior service.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization and outside with customers or third parties
- Strong communication with the ability to manage relationships effectively and credibly.
- Strong coordinator with the ability to drive multi-disciplined teams towards speedy incident resolution
- Well develop in-depth technical domain knowledge for various infrastructure
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Degree in computer engineering or equivalent professional certification
- At least 10 years of experience working in an MNC environment which has multiple offices in this region
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience running IT operations environment offering 24-7 support services in a managerial capacity
- 3-4 years working experience in LAN/WAN operations, Network protocols, Microsoft Server Operating systems, Email server operating systems, and/or networking hardware is required
- Strong technical skills designing, documenting, and implementing projects
- Professional experience in a strongly disciplined process work environment would be advantageous.
- Proven experience within an ITIL Operational environment
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.