Contractor required - IT Service Support
£Competitive Day Rate
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionYou will be responsible for providing effective and efficient IT support to all users across the business, providing excellent customer service.
Market OverviewTucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 4,000 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the Digital team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
Our Service Desk provides desktop IT support for 3,500 Dyson people at our Malmesbury HQ and across Europe. First to work each day, we ensure systems and conference facilities are up and running. After that, things get interesting. The day can bring anything from setting up equipment to troubleshooting. Work is fast-paced, with opportunities to use the latest technologies and develop cutting-edge skills. But we wouldn’t have it any other way. We understand the importance of our service. And, no matter how busy, we always find a way to solve Dyson’s most pressing problems.
Accountabilities• Build IT devices as per the Dyson IT build process
• Fulfil service request from all areas of the business within agreed parameters
• Maintain asset database and track changes
• IT admin tasks such as creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups
• Working with IT Asset Management to ensure correct licence assignment is maintained
• Keeping and maintaining accurate access control records, working documents and databases
• Ensure the IT bar is manned during support hours
• Ensure all enquiries are logged within the IT service management tool
• Ensure stock items are replenish and stock take duly completed
• Keep Loans record accurate
Skills• Excellent diagnostic skills
• Solid, proficient problem diagnosis skills in range of system types or applications.
• Understanding, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls and VPN technologies, preferably UAG
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2016 and 365
• Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007, 2010, 2016 and 365
• Exposure to Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server and Exchange 2010
• Wireless network (ideally Cisco Wireless Networking),
• Experience of supporting iPhones, iPads, macbooks, Laptops and desktops
• Experience of user administration within an MDM tool
• Working Knowledge of Active Directory User and Security administration, Shared folders and NTFS permissions
• Prior experience with working with any Avaya telephone/voicemail systems
• Experience of supporting Macs and OSX operating systems in organisational Active Directory integrated environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.